I was sat in my room Friday night, drinking a few beers, and a sudden wave of ideas just overwhelmed me, I had to write my ideas down.
At first it was Keywords and writing notes next to them:
- Dragon: Scales, wings, fire, claws, teeth
- Creature: Ugly, scary, unnatural
- Abomination: Hideous, extra limbs, dis figuration
- Deformed: Abnormal, limbs, crooked
- Warped: Twisted, bent, folded
After these ideas ceased I started to thing about my 3D project. As I am doing creature design I decided that what I should do is take animals and insects from the real world and apply those ideas and keywords to them. Here is a list of the things I got: (Subject to Change)
- Insects & Bugs: Beetles, Butterflies, Worms, Caterpillars, Cockroaches, Spiders, Dragonflies, Wasps
- Animals: Cats, Dogs, Horses, Goats, Pigs, Monkeys, Badgers, Lions, Tigers, Eagles, Birds, Fish
Some of the list are very vague even to myself who made the notes so I decided to elaborate
- Cats: Lions, Tigers, Ocelot,
- Dogs: Wolf, Rottweiler, Dobermann, Siberian Husky,
- Fish: (Amphibious) Sharks, Crocodiles,
After the elaboration on animals I turned my attention to the Environment and Animation
From Latin animātiō, “the act of bringing to life”; from animō (“to animate” or “give life to”) and -ātiō (“the act of”).
Taken from the Wikipedia Etymology
I am in the process of designing creatures and will be posting my results soon.
- 3D Realisation- Ideas (16/10/11) (phasegaming.wordpress.com)